Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) Free Transit Pass

The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) partners with the Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) to provide free, unlimited-use ORCA cards. Cards are valid on King County Metro, King County Water Taxi, Seattle Streetcar, Seattle Center Monorail, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Transit, and Everett Transit.

Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT)

How it works

The Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) Transit Pass is available to residents who live in an SHA owned and managed property. Residents are eligible to receive an unlimited-use ORCA card to take transit at no cost. The program will run through December 31, 2026.


You are a Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) tenant 19 years or older. If you are unsure if you live in an eligible SHA property or community, please review our list of eligible properties. Please note, your name must be on the lease in order to receive an ORCA card.  
No income requirements to receive this card. 

Stuff you'll need



Call or text: (206) 615-3551.


How to apply

Enrollment in the Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) Free Transit Pass program is open for residents at SHA owned and managed properties. Please complete the online application.

Apply online:

Apply online here

Printable application form:


Apply by email:


Apply by mail:


Apply by phone:


Apply in-person


Apply by fax: