The Pathway Preschool Program offers families free full and half-day preschool programs for children ages 3 to 4.
On average, recipients save:
To apply, it may take you about:
The average response time is about:
The Pathways Preschool Program provides full- and half-day high-quality preschool programs for 3- and 4-year olds. Preschools are run by community-based organizations and schools, and are located in or near elementary schools. Full-day programs provide 6 or more hours a day for children, 4-5 days a week. Half-day programs provide a 3½ hour instructional day for children, 4 to 5 days a week.
Programs run from September to June. Successful applicants receive free tuition.
These preschool locations offer part-time preschool:
- ARC: Alki Community Center (West Seattle), 206-684-7430
- ARC: Ballard Community Center (Ballard), 206-684-4093
- ARC: Queen Anne Community Center (Queen Anne), 206-386-4240
- Tiny Trees: Beer Sheva Park (Rainier Beach), 206-701-0245
- Tiny Trees: Camp Long (West Seattle), 206-701-0245
- Tiny Trees: Jefferson Bark (Beacon Hill), 206-701-0245
- Tiny Trees: Carkeek Park (Broadview), 206-701-0245
- Voices of Tomorrow: Africa Town (Columbia City), 206-466-1229
- Voices of Tomorrow: East African Development Center (Rainier Beach), 206-466-1229
These preschool locations offer full-time preschool:
- El Centro de la Raza: Jose Martí (Beacon Hill), 206-957-4619
- Hearing, Speech, & Deafness Center (Central District), 206-388-1284
- West African Community Center: One Family Learning Center (Brighton), 206-913-2538
You live within Seattle city limits (residents living in unincorporated King County are not eligible)
You have a child age 3 or 4 by August of the participating year
You meet the income guidelines based on family size
Proof of your child's age
Proof of your address
Proof of family income
Call: (206) 386-1050
Each preschool location manages enrollment directly. We recommend connecting with your preschool of preference to determine if they have vacancies. They will inquire about your family income and size, then will determine if you may be eligible for Pathway. If you are eligible, they will give you an enrollment packet to complete and will need additional documents from you. If you are not eligible for Pathway, they will work with you to determine other preschool options they have for you, including any scholarship opportunities for full-pay preschool seats.
Apply in-person at the preschool location in which you are interested (see "How it works" for more details).